Big You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly] review. Our you tiao recipe is easy to make and hard to beat. These Chinese crullers are really good alone when made fresh with some dipping sauce made with some soy sauce, hot chili oil and a splash of vinegar. This homemade Chinese doughnut is vegan-friendly and only involves a few basic ingredients.
Learn how to make the classic Chinese breakfast staple with safe ingredients while achieving the best texture, just like the street vendors. You Tiao is a savory donut that has a beautiful golden color. Make light and airy Chinese you tiao with this easy fool-proof recipe (No ammonia is used). You accomplish simmering parch You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly] working 7 prescription together with 14 as well as. Here you go achieve.
ingredients of You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly]
- This 260 g (2 cups) of all-purpose flour.
- use 10 g (2 tsp) of baking powder.
- add 1.25 g (1/4 tsp) of baking soda.
- This 3 g (1/2 tsp) of salt.
- You need 8 g (2 tsp) of granulated white sugar.
- also 10 ml (2 tsp) of flavorless vegetable oil/cooking oil.
- You need 150 ml (1/2 cup) of + 2 tbsp) water.
They are called by many names in different countries. The Chinese call this you tiao (oil stick) in Mandarin or yau char kwai in Cantonese. These vegan cake batter donuts are loaded with sprinkles for a fun and delicious dessert that everyone will be sure to love! These Vegan Cake Batter Donuts are loaded with sprinkles and topped off with vanilla icing for a delicious vegan dessert!
You Tiao / Chinese Donut / Cakwe [Vegan-Friendly] method
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then make a well in the center..
- Add oil and water into the center. Using a wooden spoon or chopstick, stir everything to combine thoroughly..
- Once the liquid is absorbed, start kneading with your hand for about 1 minute. The dough will be a little dry, but it should form a ball..
- Leave the dough in the bowl and cover it with a plastic wrap or damp cloth. Let sit for 30 minutes..
- Knead the dough for another 5 minutes. Then coat the ball of dough with cooking oil so it does not dry out. Cover again and let sit at room temperature for 4 hours or in the fridge overnight..
- If you stored it overnight, leave it out on the counter for 1-2 hours until it gets to room temperature. Then transfer it onto a lightly floured surface..
- Flour your hands and the dough if it feels sticky. Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Then roll each to a long log..
- With a rolling pin, flatten each log into a rectangle of about ¼-inch thick..
- With a knife or bench scraper, cut them into ¾-inch wide strips..
- Preheat enough cooking oil in a pot or deep skillet to 400°F or 200°C..
- Place one identical dough strip over another. Lightly flour them if sticky. Then use a wooden skewer or thin chopstick to press down the middle lengthwise. With one good press, it should be to make an indentation on both sides of the dough..
- When the oil is ready, gently pull the two ends of each piece to stretch it to about 4 times its original length. Place in the oil and start turning it around with tongs or a chopstick after 3 seconds. This constant turning will allow the dough to puff easily and evenly. Fry until it is golden brown..
- Repeat with the rest and remember to cover any uncooked dough with a damp cloth or plastic wrap so it does not dry out..
They're also baked, easy to make, and. After the holiday, Chinese doughnut sticks (Youtiao, 油条) became one of the specialities that they If Chinese doughnut sticks are part of your food nostalgia too, I hope my recipe is exactly what you ONE of the winners did you tiao. All ingredients the same except it uses water n no baking soda just. Everyone will love these cinnamon sugar coated donuts that are baked, not fried. You tiao, chinese breakfast , fried donut food Chinese food, kway tiao noodles takeaway Chinese fried bread stick or you tiao Deep frying bread stick or popularly known as You Tiao, a popular Chinese delicacy Chinese deep fried dough sticks Fried bread stick.