Bargain Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken for cheap. Mix together the Sauce Thickening ingredients and add to the saucepan. Simmer until it it thickens to a syrup consistency. Toss the chicken in the sauce and serve over rice.
You'll find it near the poached chickens, roast ducks, and roast pork. All have their merits, but a Soy Sauce Chicken done right is tough to beat. Deep fried chicken pieces tossed in sweet soy sauce. You effect sizzling doctor Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken practicing 17 compound along with 10 so. Here is how you realize.
method of Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken
- also Half of a chicken.
- add of Juice of 1 small lime.
- use 2 tsp of ground coriander (ketumbar).
- This 2 tsp of ground pepper.
- You need 5 of candlenut (kemiri).
- Prepare 5 of garlic.
- a little 6 of shallot.
- You need Half of thumb sized ginger.
- You need 1/4 of large onion.
- also 1/2 of large tomato.
- This 2 of bay leaf (daun salam).
- also 2 of cayenne pepper (cabai rawit).
- a little of Few sprigs of cilantro (daun ketumbar).
- This 2 of lemongrass.
- This 200 ml of soy sauce (12-15 tbsp).
- also 500 ml of vegetable/frying oil.
- also 100 ml of water.
Ingredients for Chicken Sweet Soy Sauce Recipe. Cut chicken into medium sized cubes and transfer into a bowl. Combine sugar, soy sauce, water, garlic, and ginger in a large stock pot; stir until sugar is dissolved. This recipe for Korean Sweet Soy and Honey Chicken is simple and not time-consuming to make.
Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken little by little
- Marinade half a chicken with lime juice, 1 tsp of ground coriander, and 1 tsp of ground pepper for 30 minutes.
- Prepare your seasoning paste by blending candlenuts, garlic cloves, shallots, and ginger together with a help of 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Cut the onion, tomato, chilli, and cilantro. Crush the lemon grass and tie them into knots.
- Heat the frying oil in a pan and cook the chicken on medium heat until the outer part of each cut is cooked. Don’t let the chicken dry out while frying because we’re going to cook it again with the sauce later.
- Reduce the remaining oil by half and use to cook the seasoning paste on medium heat. Keep stirring while cooking until the paste turns golden. Add the onion and cook again for another minute. Add the bay leaves and the lemon grass.
- Pour the soy sauce onto the pan by circling it onto the outmost part of the pan. Add the ground coriander, salt, and pepper and stir the sauce.
- Now it’s time to cook the chicken again. Coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Close the lid, reduce the heat, and cook the chicken for 30 minutes on low heat, ocassionally flip the chicken..
- Add the water, chilli, and tomato. Don’t forget to taste, you might need to add more salt. Sprinkle the cilantro and cook again for 5-10 minutes until the chicken is perfectly browned.
- Enjoy the chicken!.
The great thing about chicken is that it's a truly international food. This meal should taste very familiar to you, but with the addition of spices and sauces traditionally used in Korean cooking. Season both sides of the chicken wings with salt and pepper. Crispy fried chicken pieces, coated with sweet sticky buttery sauce that is finger licking good, you just know you are in for a good time with this dish. There are two parts to this lovely dish, ayam goreng (fried chicken), and saus mentega (buttery sweet soy sauce).