Bargain Cooking 101: Fried Rice Needs Dried Rice pre-owned.
You go for it steeping spoil Cooking 101: Fried Rice Needs Dried Rice working 4 instructions so 3 also. Here is how you nail it.
instructions of Cooking 101: Fried Rice Needs Dried Rice
- a little of Leftover cooked rice.
- Prepare of Veg odds and ends (but onion and garlic are basic!).
- This of Whatever protein you have on hand.
- also of Basic seasoning like soy sauce or oyster sauce, among others (see below for additional seasoning tips).
Cooking 101: Fried Rice Needs Dried Rice singly
- ...so next time you have leftover steamed rice from cooking or takeout, stick it in the fridge for two or three days, and make yourself a delicious fried rice with whatever veg and meat you've got laying around along with some soy sauce, oyster sauce, or even fish sauce (or combination thereof), as seasoning..
- Onion and garlic always help along the savory flavor, and a teeny, tiny bit of ketchup can add a subtle tangy backdrop to contrast and accentuate all the other flavors..
- And not that you can't make decent fried rice with freshly made rice, but if you do, you'll want to use just slightly less water than usual (like maybe a Tablespoon less per cup), then fluff the cooked rice and spread it out in a thin layer on a sheet pan or cookie sheet and let it cool completely before adding to your other seasoned ingredients. This will prevent a bit of the sogginess you get from making fried rice with the freshly made stuff..